Pet kitten Contract.....
PLEASE READ ALL THE INFORMATION BELOW. AT THE TIME OF YOUR FIRST VISIT YOU WILL BE GIVEN A COPY TO FILL OUT.
PET KITTEN CONTRACT:
All of our kittens come fully cared for, with all shots up-to-date and papers included with the purchase. The displayed price is for kittens sold as pets only which means they will be Spayed/Neutered before leaving us. Kittens are ready for new homes by 12-14 weeks of age. A $400 deposit is required to secure a specific kitten. (This deposit is Non-refundable if you change your mind, but can go towards another available kitten). We are reasonable people and expect the same of our clients. Early deposits are encouraged as kitten purchases are given preference in order of receipt of deposit. All kittens are sold on a Tikka Sky Bengals Contract.
Furthermore, we will NOT hold a kitten for ANY extended amount of time without a deposit. If you are interested in buying a certain kitten, I require deposit to be received within a reasonable time frame from requesting purchase of said kitten. If you inquire about a certain kitten and I do not here back from you within 48hrs after I respond to your inquiry I will move on to the next inquiring home for that kitten.
Placing a deposit locks in the price. Please contact us for pricing & deposit requirements of 'Breeder' kittens. You must be a registered breeder for 'Breeder' kittens. If paying the remaining balance by PayPal, please add the 2.9% fee that PayPal charges to use its service. This is not required on initial deposits. If paying the balance due by check it must be sent to us two weeks prior to pick up.
Please feel free to use the CONTACT US link above to inquire about a kitten before placing a deposit to hold a kitten.
You will be required to sign the contract below at a visitation time before you take your kitten home. A copy will be sent and returned via email when necessary or in person.
We are an honest, caring cattery and want to be sure you and your new companion are compatible. Please do some research on Bengals to be sure they are the right fit for your family.
Tikka Sky Bengals
Pet Kitten Contract
Sire: RW QGC GURU RIALTO of TIKKA SKY
Dam: GULFBEACH COSMIC DREAM (MAGGIE) of TIKKA SKY
Date of Birth:________________
Male: ___________ Female:_______Color:_______
Deposit: $_____PAID VIA PAYPAL
Second Installment:_$500 Due at First visit
Purchaser agrees to the following:
1.) Under no circumstances will this cat/kitten be sold, leased or given away, or sold to any pet shop, research laboratory or similar facility. Buyer MUST contact Seller if they can no longer keep said cat/kitten. This cat/ kitten will be kept indoors and not be allowed to roam freely outside.
2.) This cat/kitten has been purchased as a PET only. This kitten is sold as a pet only and it has been spayed or neutered and will not leave until 12-14 weeks old..
3.) Kittens are held by deposit only on a first come basis and deposits are non-refundable but go towards the purchase price. The balance on all kittens is due when the kitten turns 12-14 weeks old and can be picked up.
4.) Seller reserves the right to refuse the sale of any cat/kitten at any given time until cat/kitten has been placed in their new home. If sale is refused then any money paid on said cat/kitten will be returned and this contract will be null and void.
5) If this cat/kitten is found to be neglected or mistreated, Purchaser will surrender said cat or kitten to Seller immediately.
6) Under NO circumstances is this cat/kitten to be destroyed prior to approval by Seller. Failure to do so will render any guarantee null and void.
7) Any disagreements resulting from the purchase of this cat will not be published by buyer, seller or their associates on social media or on any internet sites. Damages for violation of this clause will be $5000.
8) We do NOT recommend vaccinations for FIV (Feline Immunodeficiency Virus - aka "feline AIDS"), FIP (Feline Infectious Peritonitis), Bordetella, or Giardia, due to "Injection site Sarcoma".
**Keep in mind that if you do decide to vaccinate for FIV (an adjuvant, and very ineffective, vaccine), your cat will now test 'positive' since the FIV test cannot tell the difference between an infected cat and a vaccinated cat.
**If you decide to vaccinate for FIP this will void your contract with Tikka Sky Bengals.
9) We at Tikka Sky Bengals require that you read "Vaccines for cats" in the link under BENGAL CATS, on our website.. This is a very informative site with a wealth of information regarding Vaccinations.
PLEASE INITIAL HERE_____________, stating that you have read “Vaccines for Cats” on our website.
10) This kitten will be kept indoors and not be allowed to run freely outdoors without supervision and/or secured by a sturdy cat harness.
11) This kitten will NOT be declawed! All of our kittens have been trained to use a scratching post/tree and will continue to do so if one is provided.
12) You understand that introducing your new kitten will require a quarantine period to adjust to their new home of a minimum of one week, 7 full days! If other pets are introduced during the required quarantine period, the Health Warranty/Guarantee is voided.
13) Buyer accepts the responsibility of caring for this kitten/cat and agrees to take good care of this cat so as to provide food, shelter, ample space, clean environment, medical attention, exercise and affection that any pet should receive.
14) If for any reason you find that you can no longer keep this cat/kitten, PLEASE CONTACT ME FIRST! Often there are solutions to behavioral or other problems that may arise when keeping an animal and as a breeder I have experience in dealing with these. If you decide you do not wish to keep the cat/kitten regardless, we will take it back and request that returning it to us be done immediately.
Here at Tikka Sky Bengals, we love our babies. We like to keep up with all the Tikka Sky kittens to ensure their safety, happiness and wellbeing.
This kitten is guaranteed to be of sound health upon arrival. Health is guaranteed for a period of 72 hours from the time the kitten leaves the possession of the seller. To validate this guarantee, you must take the cat/ kitten to your veterinarian (at Buyers expense) within this said time. If the cat/kitten is found after such examination to have any type of life threatening problem it may be returned and a replacement kitten offered as available. If the cat/kitten is returned to the breeder, the cat/kitten must be tested for FIP, FIV, and FELV at Buyers expense. Once the cat/kitten leaves the possession of the breeder (Tikka Sky Bengals Laura & Carl Powers) cannot be held responsible for any veterinary bills or charges incurred on said cat/kitten. The cat/kitten is guaranteed against congenital defects for one (1) year. Should the cat/kitten die within that time as a direct result of a congenital defect, the cat/kitten will only be replaced if an appropriate necropsy is performed by a licensed veterinarian and a veterinarian's certificate is provided as proof of cause of death. A replacement will be made of a cat/kitten of comparable quality and value as available, at the discretion of the Breeder. No cash refunds will be given.
Buyer agrees to isolate this cat from other pets for a period of fourteen days, feeding according to the breeder's recommendations.
Moving a kitten to a new home can cause stress so a calm environment for the first few days is recommended.
The Bengal cat has had incidents of Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy (HCM). The only test is an electrocardiogram given by a Board Certified Veterinary Cardiologist. It is recommended that it be given after two years of age. Tikka Sky Bengals regularly tests our breeding cats and works at remaining HCM free but the testing and mode of inheritance is not understood in what it reveals or does not reveal. Because of this Tikka Sky gives a guarantee of five years for HCM. A necropsy stating that HCM was the actual cause of death must be provided.
Should the cat/kitten die within one year of age as a result of a congenital defect (unknown at time of sale), said cat/kitten will be replaced if an appropriate necropsy is preformed by a licensed veterinarian and a veterinarian certificate is provided showing proof of cause of death. A replacement kitten of comparable quality and value will be made at the discretion of the breeder/seller. Seller may also elect to give a monetary refund of purchase price.
This contract is legally binding to all parties involved. It applies only to the Buyer and the Seller in this transaction and is non-transferable to other parties. In the event of default, the Buyer will be legally liable for any and all attorney fees and or collection fees and all related costs necessary to resolve this matter. It is also agreed that any legal matters pertaining to this contract will be held in the State of Washington, Thurston County.
We do everything we can to insure that you are getting a healthy kitten. If there is ever a problem, please let us know. We'll do everything we can to help! Our Bengals are our family members and we take their welfare and happiness very seriously. Please keep us updated.
Pet quality kittens are routinely sold already spayed or neutered. If not, the purchaser agrees to have this kitten altered by a vet of their choice before the age of 6 months and guarantees that this kitten WILL NOT be used for breeding. This veterinary copy must include the breed, name, color, and birth date of the kitten sterilized. Seller agrees to provide registration papers for this kitten upon verified veterinarian's certificate of castrating or spaying. DO NOT allow your vet to use Ketamine as an anesthetic when neutering your kitten!!! It can result in a fatal reaction.
Buyer’s signature below shows they have read and agree to this contract.
PLEASE PRINT LEGIBLY. WE USE THIS INFORMATION FOR THE MICROCHIP.
Buyers' Name (Print): ______________________________________
Buyers Signature: _________________________________________
Home Phone: ______________________________________
Cell Phone: ________________________________________
This is a full contract; all the conditions are in writing and signed by the buyer. No other agreements implied or verbal would apply.